The Chulalongkorn University Proficiency Test of Thai as a Foreign Language (CU-TFL)
- What is CU-TFL?
The Chulalongkorn University Proficiency Test of Thai as a Foreign Language (CU-TFL) is designed by The Sirindhorn Thai Language Institute, Chulalongkorn University, to evaluate Thai language proficiency in speaking, reading, listening and writing skills. CU-TFL test applicants may choose to undertake either integrated skills or skills-specific assessment tests.
CU-TFL is a standardized proficiency test for speakers of Thai as a foreign language designed by the Sirindhorn Thai Language Institute, Chulalongkorn University. CU-TFL test applicants may use the test results to fulfill admission requirements as outlined by Thai education institutions or to evaluate their Thai language efficiency skills for personal improvement.
- Who should take the CU-TFL test?
Non-native Thai speakers who would like to know the level of their Thai language proficiency for language skills improvement.
- CU-TFL Test Fee
Regular Fees (TH baht)
- When can CU-TFL test be taken?
The Sirindhorn Thai Language Institute
Please contact the institute for an appointment of the test date
2 weeks before the test date
- Registration Process
- Firstly please contact our institute via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02-218-9481 for appoint the test date (on weekday only).
- After your test date is confirmed by the institute, fill in the online application form in our website.
- Please read application procedures below thoroughly before proceeding to the application form.
- Please complete and verify your information in all blanks on the application form before clicking “submit”.
- After you clicked “submit”, please wait for a while, the system will automatically process the bill payment slip file. Please save and print out to complete your payment in the total amount as mentioned on the slip together with additional 10 Baht fee at any branch of Krung Thai Bank.
- In case that no bill payment slip shown to save or print, please change your browser and refill application form or check your e-mail (also junk mail) given in the application form. If your application is successful, you will receive the bill payment slip in your e-mail to print out for your payment at any branch of Krung Thai Bank.
- After completing your payment, You will receive bill payment slip part 1 (for customer) from the bank. Please photograph/scan and send it back via email "email@example.com" for confirmation.
- Please make sure that all information on the payment slip is correct (especially name, last name, test date, skill of test and total amount of payment). If any error is found, please refill the application form on the website and print out new and correct bill payment slip.
- Please complete your payment at least 3 days before the test date or your application will be cancelled.
- Your application will be completed once the payment at Krung Thai Bank is successful. Please keep the bill payment slip part 1 (for customer) as reference of your payment and present it together with your passport on the test date.
- Please wear decent clothes. (Slippers and shorts are not allowed)
- If you experience any problems on application procedures, please contact our officer at telephone number 0-2218-9481
>>Click here to enter the application form.<<
>>Click here to download "Examinee manual".<<
***The Sirindhorn Thai Language Institute reserves the right to refuse any and all refund should any of the aforementioned unforeseen circumstances occur.
***You may not receive or delay receiving the test report due to the unclear and incorrect information (such as name, address) in the application form.
***Invoice/Receipt will be provided on the test date.